• 1 12-oz. bunch kale, stems removed, leaves torn into pieces
• 1/4 cup toasted pecan pieces
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/3 cup olive oil
Any type of kale will work in this pasta sauce as long as it is wilted until tender before blending. Serve with long pasta strands, such as spaghetti or linguine.
1. Place kale pieces in large pot with 1 1/2 cups water, cover, and heat over medium-high heat. Cook 5 minutes, or until kale is wilted but still bright green, tossing occasionally. Add more water while cooking if necessary. Drain, reserving cooking liquid. Cool.
2. Blend pecan pieces and garlic cloves in food processor until finely chopped. Add cooled kale, and blend until thick paste forms. Add Parmesan, and blend until smooth. Add oil and 2 Tbs. kale cooking liquid, and blend until smooth, adding more liquid if necessary to obtain desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.